Even though the tutorial is just for J7 Sm-J700F, it should work for for all the Exynos variants of J7, that is J700H and J700M !
- Samsung Android USB Driver for Windows
Your warranty is now void.
Flashing firmware void your device warranty. You alone are responsible for any consequences that might occur during the process. I am not responsible for any bricked devices.
Enable USB Debugging on your phone:
This is very important thing to be done before you try flashing a firmware or recovery file. USB Debugging mode make Android devices receptive to download and send data over USB cable connection. If you do not know how to turn debugging mode ON, do this:
Go to Settings> About Device.
Scroll down to find Build number and tap it 7 times.
You will see a message that “Developer mode has been enabled” on your device.
Now go back to Settings panel and you will find a new item called Developer options there.
Tap it and go to USB debugging option and check the box to enable it.
Enable OEM Unlock: Go to Settings> Developer Options> and turn on OEM unlock.
Install Samsung Android USB Driver for Windows to your Laptop/PC
Steps to root your phone:
1) Download Odin, TWRP Recovery & SuperSU file to your Laptop/PC.
2) Turn off your phone.
3) Go to download mode (by pressing Volume down+home+power buttons at the same time for about 6-8 secs)
4)Press the Volume up button to continue.
5)Open the ODIN file you downloaded on your Laptop/PC. (By Double-clicking the Odin v3.10.7.exe file. This will open an Odin window.)
6) Connect your phone to your laptop/PC through USB cable.
7) When ODIN detects your phone, It will show added in the Log.
8) In ODIN click on AP and then select the recovery file (twrp-18.104.22.168-j7elte_2.tar) you downloaded.
9) Click on start. The flashing process will start.
10) If the flashing succeeds, ODIN will show ‘PASS’. That means the recovery flashed successfully. It will boot into recovery.
11) Swipe to Allow Modifications. Click on Reboot then System.
12) Copy and place downloaded SuperSU file to your external SD card.
13) Turn off your phone.
14) Reboot to recovery (by pressing Volume up+home+power buttons).
15) The recovery will start. Select ‘install zip’.
16) Click on Storage to change from Internal Storage to Micro SDcard.
17)Select SuperSU which you downloaded. Swipe to Confirm Flash. Flashing process will start. Once Completed. Wipe Cache/dalvik.
18) After it finishes, go back and reboot your phone.
Enjoy your rooted Samsung Galaxy J7 !!!
Install Xposed Framework on J7
Most Android users mainly root their devices only to install Xposed Framework. Xposed Framework is a powerful tool that enables you to modify your ROM as you wish using some tweaks. Xposed Framework can be installed not only on Custom ROMS but also on the Stock ROMS. So using Xposed you can add some tweaks to your Stock ROM or firmware and get the features of a custom ROM.
Official build of Xposed framework for Lollipop Samsung Galaxy Devices has not been released yet, since Samsung made a lot of changes to ART (Android Runtime) without providing the sources. So we have the unofficial build now and we need to flash the Framework (SDK.zip) rather than just installing the Apk like in other versions of android so as Jelly Bean and Kitkat (Where the Xposed installer apk file would install the framework on your system automatically.)
1. Make a nandroid backup using TWRP (in case if anything goes wrong) before installing Xposed Framework.
With the Nandroid backup (which is an excellent feature on custom recoveries like TWRP) you can backup all your current state of your operating system on your device and save it in your SD card or on your Computer storage and restore it at anytime you want. Many people will have perplexity that, If their Stock ROM (Firmware/OS) is rooted would it be able to do a backup of their OS and can able to restore it?. Yes you can do backup of the current state of your firmware with the custom recoveries like TWRP no matter your OS is rooted and made changes by using root.
Steps to to install the Xposed Framework for Galaxy J7
1. Install Xposed Installer App
2. Download & copy the Xposed file and the Xposed Uninstaller to your sdcard
3. Go to TWRP select Install and navigate to Xposed file “xposed-vxx-sdk22-tw-arm-custom-build-by-wanam-xxxxxxxx.zip” Make sure you select the storage as Micro SDcard in the above when you navigate to find the Xposed Framework file to flash (install through TWRP).
4. Reboot It takes a little time to boot up as it want to update our Android System.
Enjoy the Xposed framework on your Samsung Galaxy J7 !
2. Download and install the different modules you want to tweak your phone. After downloading a modules please don’t open the app untill you enable it on Xposed framework by going to Module section on xposed installer app and selecting it on the check box there. Then retstart your phone to use the module you have installed.