If you are looking to root and unroot Miui 6 and 7
Root can then be turned on with Security -> Permission -> Root permission.
But to enable this feature you to flash update.zip file so that the su binary file gets installed.
As we all know xiaomi does not void it warranty if you root your device.
Its first company to give this much freedom.
Prerequisites what you need before starting root process.
- Developer options activated (in Settings = About phone tap on Android version 5 times)
- Now Enable USB debugging in Developer option.
- update.zip file (Click on update.zip button below)
- Place Downloaded UPDATE.ZIP in phone memory.
- Open updater app or go to Setting – About Phone – Press System update.
- Now Press Menu key and choose Select update package.
- Now FileExplorer will open Select download update.zip and press update
- Your Device will be reboot wait take a breath.
- Now after reboot go to.
Security App -> Permission scroll down and Activate Root permission. (see image below)
METHOD 2 [PRO]:
- First of all copy update.zip into internal storage of your device.
- Boot into Mi-Recovery (How to boot in recovery mode steps)
Open Updater app
Press the menu/options button
Choose Reboot to recovery mode
- In the Mi-recovery select your Language. English will be ok. Confirm.
- Select and confirm Install update.zip to System. Wait for a second.
- Now Reboot your Device
- Now after reboot go to
Security App -> Permission scroll down and Activate Root permission