This tutorial works on any redmi 2 devices wt88047 (HM20148*) for example HM2014811/17/18/21, HM2014812/13/16, 2014817 (h2x-lte) etc.
And also work on any MIUI 6, 7, 8
Install twrp + root + xposed
Steps to follow for rooting:
1. Download the Root.zip and Copy the file to the folder ‘Internal storage’ (root of internal storage)
2. Open the Updater app, Press the 3 dots at Right Top Corner, A menu will open. Tap on “Choose Update Package“ and select the Root.zip File.
3. Wait until device will reboot.
4. After reboot a new app SuperSu will be installed.
5. Open the app and Choose”Continue”.
6. Choose “Normal”, Don’t Choose TWRP/CWM, device will go into Boot Loop.
7. After sucessful updation , press ok.
8. Your Phone has now Root Permission.
Open any app using Root permission and SuperSU will ask for Permission.
Enjoy your rooted Redmi 2.
Install as ussual and reboot